Tuesday, January 24, 2006


You see this baby with angry, sleepy, quiet eyes, staring at the camera?
I remember the first time I saw him he was 2 months old. His grandmother was feeding him with a bottle of milk. I sat near them as I was listening to his granny who was talking about something I didn’t have any idea about. I remember when his granny went to the river to bring water in a pot for washing him; I looked at a fly who was sitting on his eye. When she came back I helped her with washing the baby. There were some young men staring at me who later came near me and asked me if I feel like BUYING that kid for 2000$. In fact I was scared and disappointed at the same time by this offer. I forced myself to stay and not leave because I knew if I had gone I would have never return.
Now after almost 2 years they are so used to me. They never ask me such questions. I suppose now they have recognized that I’m there to take pictures, to teach the kids to take photos…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home